The CROSH Mobile Research Lab (M‑CROSH) is the first mobile lab in Canada equipped to simultaneously perform workplace research in Occupational Health and Wellness, Human Factors and Ergonomics, and Occupational Physiology and Environment.
M‑CROSH connects researchers and workers in rural and remote communities, and promotes understanding of critical occupational health and safety problems through active information exchange.
M‑CROSH facilitates the development and implementation of meaningful solutions for northern industries, including, but not limited to: mining, aggregates, steel, pulp/paper, forestry, construction, and healthcare.
M‑CROSH is equipped with innovative, portable equipment to study:
- Mobile equipment design for accident prevention;
- Vibration-induced injury prevention;
- Fatigue, energy expenditure, and nutrition;
- Heat stress, and technologies to mitigate heat stress events;
- Sleep hygiene to improve sleep quality and quantity; and
- Mental health and quality of worklife.