CROSH Mobile Research Lab (M-CROSH):
Mobile Lab (M-CROSH) is the first mobile lab in Canada equipped to simultaneously perform workplace research in Occupational Health and Wellness, Human Factors and Ergonomics, and Occupational Physiology and Environment.
M-CROSH connects researchers and workers in rural and remote communities, and promotes understanding of critical occupational health and safety problems through active information exchange.
M-CROSH facilitates the development and implementation of meaningful solutions for northern industries, including, but not limited to: mining, aggregates, steel, pulp/paper, forestry, construction, and healthcare.
M-CROSH is equipped with innovative, portable equipment to study:
- Mobile equipment design for accident prevention;
- Vibration-induced injury prevention;
- Fatigue, energy expenditure, and nutrition;
- Heat stress, and technologies to mitigate heat stress events;
- Sleep hygiene to improve sleep quality and quantity; and
- Mental health and quality of worklife.